What should I expect on my first dental visit?
Part of helping our patients feel comfortable while at our practice is providing them with an exceptional new patient experience.
It is during this initial meeting that our dentists and staff begin to get to know you, and to learn what your preferences, needs, and goals are for your dental care.
The new patient experience is so much more than the typical examination.
We see it as our opportunity to begin cultivating a relationship so that we can help you maintain a healthy and beautiful smile for a lifetime.
Before the Examination
Before we start our clinical examination, we will listen to your concerns and try to understand your unique desires, concerns, and your own ideas about esthetic dentistry.
We will then assess your need for a dental evaluation, x-rays, initial diagnostic impressions of your teeth, and digital photographs.
It is critical to evaluate your specific needs based on your:
- Periodontal health (gum & bone)
- Biomechanical considerations (existing tooth structure and previous dentistry)
- Function (joint, bite and chewing)
- Dentofacial characteristics (smile)
Creating a Treatment Plan
We will then formulate a treatment plan based not only on clinical information, but on your vision as well. We encourage your input at all times. The final phase is your decision to maximize your dental health and esthetics with the most appropriate plan considering your unique life circumstances, needs, and desires.
We make sure the treatment works with your schedule, lifestyle, and financial situation. Once the treatment needs have been established, we will assist you in coordinating the necessary appointments to manage that treatment. We will also work closely with you to help facilitate any treatment that may involve other dental specialists. We invite you to call to discuss your particular needs, and to schedule an appointment with us at our next available appointment time.
What should I bring with me?
Your completion of the following forms will help make your initial visit go more smoothly. Please email them or bring them with you to your appointment.
- Confidential Information Questionnaire
- Allows us to establish accurate information for your dental accounting records. If you have dental insurance, please bring a completed form or insurance card with you.
- Dental/Medical History
- Allows us to get to know your dental and medical history. This will help us to evaluate any current medical concerns that may contribute to dental disease, and to explore questions you may have regarding your oral health.
- HIPPA- Statement of Privacy Practices/Confidentiality Acknowledgement
- States that you have reviewed and acknowledged our policy regarding protection of your personal/private information.
- Recent records if you are coming for a second opinion
- This will help us to evaluate any current medical concerns regarding your oral health.
How much will my dental visit cost?
The fee for your initial comprehensive evaluation and x-rays is typically covered by most PPO insurances and will be billed to your insurance carrier.
For any additional treatment, you will get a detailed treatment plan.
Is there parking near your dental office?
- Non-Reserved spots at the Holiday Inn – then just walk across the street to our dental office, on the lobby level. Please display our business card on the dashboard (this will be included in your hygiene package). This will make sure your car is not towed for two hours.
- Street Parking – Fort Myer Dr – 1 or 2 hours. Not available after 4:00 pm.
- In front of the Holiday Inn – across the street from us – 2 hours. We always have extra change and we will feed the meter for you if you are with the dentist.
- Rosslyn Metro Station – Walking Directions – approx. 3 minutes.
- Georgetown – Walking Directions – approx. 13 minutes from the bridge.
- Courthouse Metro Station – Walking Directions – approx. 16 minutes.
- Clarendon Metro Station – Walking Directions – approx. 27 minutes.